A Year in Review & Goals :: 2017
2016 has been a complete whirlwind of a year. In some respects, I'm really glad to see the back of it but on the other hand it has been one of my most life changing years yet.
2016: You truly have been a year of change. While I'm ending this year not exactly where I want to be in my life, I'm trying my best to focus on the positives of the year as, to be honest, there has been quite a few.
In this post, I thought I'd take the time to remember some of the good things that happened in 2016 and put the year to bed on a high note:
01. Graduating: Obviously, the thing that I'm most proud of this year is graduating and taking part in my degree show. The time finally came when I had to leave the comfort of university life and start my new graduate, grown up adult life. This has been one of the biggest changes this year and I'm so grateful for everything university life has taught me. Living away from home definitely helped make me more independent and gave me experiences that made me into the person I am today. I'm really grateful for the support my parents have gave me over the past 4 years.
02. Moving In: Another big change was that Ross and I decided to move in together. I'm so glad we took this next step in our relationship and there is honestly nothing I love more than coming home after a crappy day at work to my favourite human!
03. Turning One: My lil' blog turned one and I got to take part in some amazing events and collaborations. I've also become one quarter of the #abzchat team which has been really fun and I can't wait to see how both it and my blog grows in the next year.
04. Work: Although I'm still working in retail, I've managed to start freelancing and at the end of the year I accepted a position at the Gatehouse to be their Graduate in Residence one day a week so hopefully that is a step in the right direction. I, also, finally plucked up the courage to open my own little online shop linked in with my blog which I plan on putting waaay more attention into this year.
Overall, this year has been filled with some great memories and is one that I'll always remember as the year where my life has gone through it's biggest changes. While my work life is not exactly where I want it to be, the rest of my life is pretty amazing to be honest.
So 2017, what do I hope for you to bring me? I want it to be a year of positivity, balance and motivation.
01. Positivity: I find it really hard to control my overthinking and manage to turn each tiny little thing into a massive problem. It's so counter productive and tiring. So, this year I want to try focus more on the positives and not let little things bother me as much.
02. Balance: I want to get to more of a balance with the way I treat my body and be more mindful of what I put into it. Now, I'm not saying I'm giving up chocolate and fast food — my true loves! I just want to be more aware of the amount of these things I'm consuming and limit them. However, it's not only what I put into my body that I want to focus on but also how I treat my skin. I'm going to take more time to pamper and moisturise as my skin isn't going to look young forever and honestly, last year I kind of lost track of how bad my skin was getting.
03. Motivation: This year my main goal is to find a job I love, or at least like. I really want to grow my little freelance business and shop or gain a permanent position at a design studio. I'd also really like to put a lot more time and effort into my blog and see what exciting adventures it takes me on this year.
Like most people this year, rather than set unrealistic resolutions for myself I just thought about where I'd like to be this time next year and set goals based on that. There are a lot more things that I would like to achieve before this time next year but for now this will do.
What were your highlights from 2016? Do you have any goals for this year? If so, what are they? Share them with me below!